In June 2022, through our school TBS Education, ESCadrille Toulouse Junior Conseil had the opportunity to work with Madame Kadi. An entrepreneurial project for victims of physical, psychological and sexual violence in Haute-Garonne.
Discover the second Business Case of our series where we retrace the support of one of our clients.
SUPPORT FOR AN ENTREPRENEURIAL PROJECT WITH POSITIVE IMPACT
CONTEXT OF THE PROJECT
Madame Kadi is a Toulouse figure in the fight for the protection of women and children who are victims of physical, psychological and sexual violence.
Through her personal experience, Mrs. Kadi became aware of the complexity for a victim of guiding her legal steps and starting psychological therapy in Occitania with a suitable professional.
Indeed, she very quickly came up against long procedures and a lack of support from legal and health professionals.
Thus was born the idea of opening a paid consulting, support, listening and guidance firm for male, female and child victims of physical, psychological and sexual violence. Mrs. Kadi wishes to retrain professionally in this activity in order to support victims over the long term and on a daily basis.
ESCadrille intervened pro bono publico on this mission in order to assess the potential of this new support model in Haute-Garonne. This mission had different objectives:
- Carry out statistical research on the number of victims of this violence at the national level and in Haute-Garonne. The objective was to know the potential number of people who could be accompanied by Mrs. Kadi.
- Benchmark the strengths and weaknesses of state support systems or in the form of associations in Haute-Garonne.
- Monitor existing aid and subsidies at national and local level for women’s entrepreneurship projects. The goal was to guide Mrs. Kadi on the implementation of her project from a financial point of view.
- Make operational recommendations to Mrs. Kadi on the implementation of her project.
THE ESSENTIAL POINTS TO REMEMBER FROM THIS STUDY.
A current problem
This study also allowed our worker and our structure to become aware of this societal problem. This is why we wish to transmit some data extracted from our study.
- INSEE estimates that 12.7% of women and 10.5% of men are victims of physical, psychological or sexual violence within their homes.
- The department notes a 34.47% increase in victims of sexual violence in Haute-Garonne in 2021
- There is no support for these victims within less than a week in Haute-Garonne.
- The department has set up training for gendarmes and police officers in Haute-Garonne around the care of these victims. There are 51 police officers and gendarmes referring to the care of victims of domestic violence across the department today.
Guiding entrepreneurial projects
Following these observations, we guided Mrs. Kadi on three themes. They are to be developed as a priority in its project in order to ensure its viability and usefulness:
- Offer support to all types of victims of this violence (age, sex, gender) .
- Develop processes to build trust with victims to encourage them to initiate legal proceedings.
- Set up a support system to ensure the availability of the office for victims. On the other hand, a follow-up of each patient on the time required.
AND AFTER ?
Madame Kadi is now accompanied by Les Déterminés. A free entrepreneurship support program to develop your project in Toulouse by 2022
ESCadrille accompanies you with projects that make sense!
For years ESCadrille has been working to have a positive impact on its environment. This requires support for meaningful projects.
It is in support of this kind of project that ESCadrille has distinguished itself by its Excellence. In 2022, ESCadrille won the prize for Best Consulting Study awarded by EY for its support with Hopper. A start-up creating racing blades for amputees! Discover the Hopper case!
If you want to launch your project, call on ESCadrille, the Best Junior-Enterprise in Europe!